(3) Philadelphia Ball Park Seats with (2) Connie Mack Stadium 
Lot Number 933
 
Quantity: Bid Starts: 03/17/2008 10:00:00 
Bid Open: 200.00  Bid Ends: 04/03/2008 23:32:45 
Bid Count: 14  Overtime: 30 Minutes
Currently: 550.00  Time Left: 0m 0s 
View Count: 2639   
       
 
Description

The most palatial of the majestic old ball fields, Shibe Park opened in 1909 and housed the Philadelphia Athletics with Connie Mack at the helm. The As thrived in their new surroundings and, over the next 23 seasons, won five World Series in seven trips. The Phillies started playing games at Shibe in 1938. By 1954, the Athletics moved out, and the stadium was renamed Connie Mack Stadium in honor of the man that managed for 50 seasons in Philadelphia. Offered is a pair of vintage Shibe Park/Connie Mack Stadium freestanding seats plus a rare yellow version Veterans Stadium freestanding seat. The wooden slats on the base and back and the iron casting are all original. The chairs show normal signs of wear from many seasons at the old ball yard. Torn down after the Phillies moved out in 1970, these red relics, numbered #7 and #8, commemorate a true jewel that once stood at 21st and Lehigh. The Veterans Stadium chair (#2) is in superb condition, having been remover during the 1995 renovation. Due to the size/weight of this lot, the shipping costs may be substantial. 
 
Pictures  (Click on Photo to Enlarge)